SmartEquip is currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our team. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with product and development team to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit “manual” of current platform functionality
- Work with Product Managers to update documentation based on new features/functionality
- Support development and writing of technical design specifications and test scripts
- Create basic graphics and annotated screenshots for documentation
- Work with Project Manager to create customized documents for key clients.
- Work with Release Manager to create Release Notes for new versions of the platform
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and graphics that can be used in other documents
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Analyze analytics data on usage of help and triage feedback from users and customers.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related field
- Proven experience working in testing and documentation rules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Experience with product management/development is a plus
Job reports to EVP Product